Now that summer is coming, everyone is going to be happy, relaxed and ready to start dating again! Here are some easy first date hacks for y’all to make sure that everything goes smoothly and you leave a great first impression.
7. Tell the waiter it’s their birthday: **Warning**It won’t work with people that are shy…if you think they are super outgoing and can play it through, only then try this out. It’s a really fun trick because you’ll have this inside joke to always remember and because they’ll love being the center of attention for a few minutes. Talk about being partners in crime!
6. Forgot their name? Or its super complicated?: Take them to Starbucks and have them order a drink. Then once you find out their name, tell them you’re going to give them a cute nickname based on their name. This one’s hard, you gotta think fast!
5. Switch the order of things: How many times have you been on a first date with absolutely nothing to talk about during dinner? How about you go to the movie first? Or what about a comedy show? That’ll give you plenty to talk about!
4. Play 20 questions: This is such an easy trick to get to know the other person. Ask questions like favorite movie, favorite color, favorite song, genre of music, favorite artist or band, etc. If you feel like there is a great connection between the two of you, you can delve into deeper things like, “How close are you with your family?”
Follow my tricks to avoid THIS!
3. Eye contact trick: Alternate your focus from eye to eye to keep good eye contact during the conversation. This is apparently supposed to increase the sparkle in your eyes and so that you don’t end up just staring awkwardly at the person.
2. Get the Bill ahead of time: When you head over to the bathroom, tackle the bill so that there is no fuss over who’s going to pay for what and it seems super gentlemanly. This is strictly a first date hack though, then y’all can split the tab or whatever it is y’all decide.
1. Figure out their favorite food: No matter what their answer is, tell them you know the best place for that in the city. Even if you don’t, just say it and then do your research when you get home. This way, a second date is easily secured!
Always incorporate flowers if you can!
For more ideas, check out the rest of the article here at askmen.com!